Our story and mission flow from God since we care about the same things:
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ,
- the local church, and
- rescuing people in peril.
With God's help, we connect these three passions by equipping local churches to rescue people in the joy of the gospel. We primarily do this by helping local churches start their own Life Team.
Here's our organizational DNA divided into three parts: our vision, mission, and core values. God uses these things, along with our Statement of Faith, to guide and guard us as we follow Him.
Our vision is the ideal outcome of God’s work through us in our mission: a life-affirming world resulting from a life-affirming Church.
Our mission is our fundamental purpose and guides our daily operations: to nourish churches as gospel-driven champions of life.
Our core values define our ministry’s culture and conduct. Here are five things we value:
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ. We value the gospel not only for salvation, but also as the heart-enlivening message which continually compels Christians to serve with joy and gratitude. (Deuteronomy 24:17-22 17, Psalm 34:8, Romans 12:1, Colossians 2:6)
- Local Churches. We love Christ’s Bride (i.e., The Church) because He loves His Bride! We do this by humbly and gratefully serving local expressions of His Church. (Isaiah 42:5-7, 49:6, 51:4, Ephesians 1:22-23, Acts 13:47, 1 Peter 2:9)
- Life. We cherish human life at all stages because human beings are made in the sacred image of God. (Genesis 1:26, 3:22, 5:1, Ephesians 4:24, James 3:9).
- Relationships. We esteem personal connections and recognize that they provide the most fertile and enduring context for ministry. This value flows directly from God’s passion for relationship with us as revealed in the gospel. (Deuteronomy 4:37-39, 7:8, Luke 10:38-42, John 15:9, Romans 5:8, 2 Corinthians 4:4, 1 Peter 1:22)
- Balance. We value balancing grace and truth because Jesus Himself is the Prince of Grace and Truth. Another way to say this is that we try to equip people to tell the truth in love about life issues. (Exodus 20:1-17, Leviticus 11:45, Mark 10:17-22, John 1:14, John 1:17, Colossians 1:6b, 2 John 1:3)