Every CFL-born Life Team, regardless of their specific plans, is trained to be gospel-driven, unified, consistent, multi-faceted, trusted, resourced, interfacing, and engaged. Beyond these universal Team traits, the question inevitabily comes, "What will our specific Life Team actually do?"
CFL equips Life Teams with the skills to seek God for His specific plans for them. This biblical paradigm ensures that a particular Life Team follows God (not CFL) according to His plans for their particular Team in their particular church in their particular community. Here are some concrete examples of things God has actually done through various Life Teams:
- Help congregants connect the gospel to the life arena - that is, help them enjoy being rescued by Christ in the gospel and gratefully live that out as rescuers
- Train congregants with a biblical worldview of the sanctity of human life
- What does it mean to be human?
- What does biotechnology have to do with human dignity?
- What does the Bible say about embryonic technology?
- And more...
- Help moms and dads in crisis pregnancies
- Help female congregants get trained to counsel women facing a crisis pregnancy
- Collect baby items (e.g. diapers) in the church to help women with newborns
- Mentor men who are part of a crisis pregnancy
- Connect pregnant couples to resources that enable them to choose life
- Provide safe homes for women in crisis pregnancies and dangerous circumstances
- Raise funds to support local Christian crisis pregnancy centers
- Invite speakers to give testimony to choosing life in the midst of a crisis pregnancy
- And more...
Rescue unwanted children by adoption
Inform congregation about the need for adoptive families
Connect the biblical doctrine of our adoption in Christ with the physical practice of adopting children
Inform congregants about the adoption process and encourage them to explore the idea
Support adoptive families in the church
- Expose those cast down by a past abortion both inside and outside the church to the gospel for healing
Equip congregants in gracious cultural engagement and apologetics regarding life issues
Equip congregants with gracious biblical guidance regarding life-related legislative issues
Defend human embryos from destruction
Dignify the infirm and elderly in danger of euthanasia
Dignify and serve those with special needs in the congregation and community
Help congregants make biblical, careful end-of-life decisions
Challenge congregants regarding care for orphans via foster care, etc.
Strengthen and build up their own Life Team - tend to internal Team health
Mentor young people into lives of sexual integrity
Mentor parents and youth workers to equip young people for lives of sexual integrity
- Support single-parent families
- And much, much more!
Take heart that Life Teams don't have to be experts in all the things they do to equip the congregation. Many of the examples above were accomplished by God through Life Teams that sought trustworthy resources outside their Team and church.
From here, you might want to visit these two web pages for more information, then contact us at email@example.com to get started.